Monday, April 3, 2023

How did Dolly Parton become Miley Cyrus's godmother?

How did Dolly Parton become Miley Cyrus's godmother? During an interview with SiriusXM's Just Jenny in 2019, she explained on how she end up become Miley's godmother.


She explained, "I worked with Billy Ray for all those years, when he had 'Achy Breaky Heart. He worked with me on some shows we did in the early days. He opened some of my shows. We just got to know each other. I wrote a song called 'Romeo,' and had him in a video. We just kind of gelled, 'cause we're both country kids. We had a lot of fun just talking about that. And then when Miley came along, I said, 'She's got to be my fairy goddaughter.'"

And Dolly, 75, is a godmother in so much more than just title. The 11-time Grammy Award winner and her self-described "fairy goddaughter" have an unbreakable bond that has endured through Miley's 28 years.

Dolly has been mentor to Miley but she prefers to lead by example rather than give advice.

She said, “I’ve told her some things that I think are valuable and that she uses, but I’d rather live an example. [I’d rather] be an example rather than just try to tell somebody to do this, do that because I don’t think that’s right. Everybody’s different. You’ve got your own journey. And some people are going to help you along the way and they can kick a few rocks out of the road for you, but you got to walk it.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlretro.com Celebrity, Fashion, Beauty

Angelina Jolie - Angelina Jolie News and Gossips

Jennifer Aniston